IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ THESE OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES (“OFFICIAL RULES”) BEFORE ENTERING THE MICHELOB ULTRA – NBA ETW CONTEST (THE “CONTEST”). BY ENTERING THE CONTEST, EACH ENTRANT REPRESENTS THAT THEY MEET ALL OF THE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS BELOW AND AGREES TO BE UNCONDITIONALLY BOUND BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND ALL DECISIONS OF LABATT BREWING COMPANY LIMITED (THE “CONTEST SPONSOR”).
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. YOU MUST BE OF LEGAL DRINKING AGE AND A LEGAL RESIDENT OF NEWFOUNDLAND TO ENTER.
1. ELIGIBILITY. The Contest is open to any resident of Newfoundland who is of legal drinking age, who is not an employee, contractor, agent or representative of Labatt Brewing Company Limited (the “Contest Sponsor”), Needs Convenience (the “Contest Administrator”) and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, agencies, distribution companies, applicable provincial liquor authorities, participating liquor licensees, prize suppliers, the contest judge or any person who is an immediate family member (parent, spouse, sibling, child) or is domiciled with any of the foregoing persons. The provincial liquor authorities are not connected with this contest in any manner whatsoever and are not liable in any way whatsoever in regard to any matter, which relates to this contest.
2. CONTEST PERIOD. Unless otherwise posted and/or announced, the contest begins on or about January 15th, 2024 and ends on March 1st, 2024 at 11:59 p.m. Atlantic Standard Time (“AST”) (the “Contest Period”).
3. HOW TO ENTER. During the Contest Period, there are two (2) ways to enter the Contest:
i. Participants can submit an entry by visiting https://www.shopbeergear.ca/ETWNBAGAME (link will also available on Meta through select Contest Administrator marketing materials), completing the contest entry from in its entirety and clicking submit; or
ii. obtain a contest ballot from a participating location, legibly complete the ballot in full, and submit it to a ballot box at a participating location prior to the Contest Close Date.
Limit of one (1) entry per person, per day during the Contest Period, regardless of the method of entry. All ballots and entries, once submitted, become the property of the Contest Sponsor and will not be returned. Entries received after the Contest Period are void. Contest Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify an entry for any reason whatsoever at its sole discretion. All decisions of the Contest Sponsor shall be final and shall not be subject to appeal. No other form of submitting an entry is valid other than as stated above. Multiple participants may not share the same email address. Any entrant who attempts to enter with multiple email addresses or accounts under multiple identities will be disqualified and forfeits any prize won, in the Contest Sponsor’s sole discretion.
No responsibility is assumed by the Contest Sponsor for any inability of a potential entrant to successfully enter the contest for any reason. The Contest Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, damaged, misdirected, mutilated, garbled, illegible or incomplete entries. Proof of transmission (e.g. screenshots) does not constitute proof of receipt.
4. PRIZE. There is one (1) prize available to be won, consisting of one (1) trip to Toronto, Ontario for a NBA game experience for one (1) contest winner and one (1) guest (total of two (2) people), including return economy airfare between St. John’s, Newfoundland and Toronto, Ontario, two (2) tickets to the April 2nd, 2024 NBA game (seats to be selected by Contest Sponsor), two (2) nights accommodation (based on double occupancy) at hotel selected by Contest Sponsor, $1000 CAD spending money allowance (payable to contest winner only, in form of e-transfer or pre-paid credit card at contest sponsor discretion) and taxes on included services (the “Prize”). Alcohol is not part of the prize. Dates of travel are Monday, April 1st to Wednesday, April 3rd, 2024 (subject to change at Contest Sponsor discretion). Contest winner and guest must be available to travel at any time on those dates. Approximate retail value is $6000 CAD and is not redeemable in whole or part for cash, nor transferrable. Contest Sponsor reserves right to substitute prize of equal or greater value at their sole discretion. Contest winner and guest are responsible for expenses not specifically described as part of the prize. including but not limited to, travel documents (valid government issued photo identification, and any medical proof of vaccination/tests required by governments and/or vendors at time of travel), insurance, gratuities, additional baggage fees, additional transportation, food and beverage, communications, activities and all personal expenses and related taxes. Contest winner must carry a valid calid credit card for check-in and for incidentals and securities deposit as required by hotel at time of travel. The Contest Sponsor is not liable if travel is impeded or refused by reason or decisions of any governmental authorities (federal or provincial) or regional health authorities. Regional travel restrictions may apply. Please consult local, provincial and federal guidelines for travel restrictions related to COVID-19 prior to booking or participating in travel experiences.
The Contest Sponsor is not liable if entry to the venue is refused by reasons or decisions of any governmental authorities (federal or provincial) or regional health authorities or if the Prize event is cancelled for any reason.
5. ODDS. Odds of winning the Prize depend on the number of eligible entries received for each during the contest period at each participating location
6. AWARDING OF PRIZES. A random draw will take place at the head offices of the Contest Administrator at approximately 12:00 p.m. AST from among all eligible entries received during the contest period (the “Draw Date”). All entrants must legibly complete a contest entry, including correctly answering a skill-testing question without assistance and otherwise being in compliance with these rules to be declared a winner.
The selected entrant will be contacted by phone and/or email within three (3) days of the draw (the “Notification”). If a selected entrant is unable to be contacted after three (3) attempts, he or she forfeits the Prize and another entrant may, at the sole discretion of the Contest Sponsor, be selected. If a potential Prize winner does not respond to the Notification within the time stipulated, is found to be ineligible for any reason, declines to accept the Prize, or incorrectly answers the required mathematical skill-testing question, the potential winner will be disqualified. The Contest Sponsor may then, at their sole and absolute discretion, select another eligible entrant who will be subject to disqualification in the same manner. The Contest Sponsor will not be responsible for failed attempts to notify any potential winner.
Prizes must be accepted as awarded. Prizes are non-transferable and non-redeemable for cash. No substitutions, except by the Contest Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute the Prize with a prize of equal or greater value. Before the Prize is awarded, the Prize winner and guest will each be required to sign a standard declaration of compliance with the Official Rules and release forms releasing the Contest Sponsor, Contest Administrator, the National Basketball Association and each of their respective affiliates, parent companies, subsidiaries, professional advisors, provincial liquor authorities and advertising and promotional agencies, and each of their directors, officers, employees, representatives and agents (collectively, the "Released Parties") from any and all liability arising out of, pursuant to, or as a result of the carrying out of the Contest, including, without limitation, liability arising from the acceptance of and usage of the Prize as awarded, the administration of the Contest and the selection of a potential winner.
No communication will be entered into by the Contest Sponsor with entrants except with selected entrant(s). The Contest Sponsor is not responsible for the failure, for any reason whatsoever, of a selected entrant to receive notification or for the Contest Sponsor to receive a selected entrant’s response.
7. RELEASE. By participating in the Contest and submitting an entry, each entrant (i) agrees to be bound by these Official Rules, including all entry requirements, (ii) agrees that the decisions of the Contest Sponsor is final and without appeal, (iii) remises, releases and forever discharges the Released Parties from any and all actions, causes of actions, suits, debts, dues, accounts, claims, damages, liability, losses, harm, costs or expenses, including without limitation any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to the entrant or any other person, including personal injury, death, or property damage, arising out of, or in any way related to, directly or indirectly, the Contest, including without limitation the entrant’s participation in the Contest, any breach of these Official Rules and Regulations, the awarding, receipt, possession, use and/or misuse of the Prize (or any portion thereof), and any travel or activity that is related to the receipt or use of any Contest Prize, and/or the violation or infringement of any intellectual property rights or of any publicity, personality or privacy rights, and agrees to fully indemnify the Released Parties from any and all claims by third parties relating to the foregoing.
8. ERRORS. The Contest Sponsor is not responsible for errors in the offer or administration of this contest, including but not limited to, errors in the advertising, the Contest Rules, the selection and announcement of the winners or the distribution of any prize.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. The Released Parties shall not be liable for any damages caused or alleged to be caused by or resulting from: (i) any entry, Prize or other correspondence or data that is lost, stolen, late, garbled, distorted, delayed, damaged or misdirected for any reason; (ii) any failure, interruption, technical malfunction or delay; (iii) any e-mail, text or SMS message or other communication sent or received to or from the Contest Sponsor or any of its agents or designees, for any reason; for any incorrect, untimely or inaccurate information, whether caused by a website, users or by equipment or programming errors associated with or utilized in the Contest; (iv) any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of any entry or entries in the Contest; (v) for problems with the function of any website or website feature, howsoever caused; (vi) the malfunction of, or damage caused to, any telephone network or lines, computer equipment, data, software, online systems, servers or access providers; (vii) any functionality lost due to not having cookies enabled; (viii) for traffic congestion on the Internet; (ix) the security or privacy of information transmitted via computer networks; (x) breaches of privacy due to interference by third party computer "hackers" or for any damage caused to or incurred by any entrant or any other person by reason of any such event or occurrence; or (xi) technical, hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions including lost, misappropriated or corrupted entries, virus, worm or Trojan Horse damage or any other damage which may limit a participant's ability to participate in the Contest.
10. RIGHT TO TERMINATE, MODIFY OR SUSPEND: The Contest Sponsor may at any time, at its sole discretion and without liability, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest in whole or in part, subject only to approvals required by law, if fraud, technical failures or communications or any other errors or other causes beyond the control of the Contest Sponsor corrupt the administration, integrity or security of the Contest or if any other factor interferes with the conduct of this Contest as contemplated by these Rules. Without restricting the generality of the foregoing, in the event of early termination of the Contest, a notice will be posted on the Contest Website to that effect. In addition, for the purposes of determining eligibility to win the Prize in the event of early termination of the Contest, all eligible entries received prior to the time of early termination will be considered as valid and for the purposes of these Official Rules, the Contest Period will be deemed to have ended at the moment of early termination. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right, at any time, in its sole discretion, to correct any errors, including without limitation, any typographical, printing, computer programming or Sponsor errors. No waiver on the part of the Contest Sponsor to enforce of any term herein shall be deemed a continuing waiver or a waiver of any other term.
11. DISQUALIFICATIONS: The Contest Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who is found (i) to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest; (ii) to be acting in violation of the Official Rules; (iii) to have submitted an entry that is not compliant with these Official Rules; or (iv) to be acting in an un-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY ALTER OR DAMAGE ANY ENTRY OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE CONTEST SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DISQUALIFY SUCH ENTRANT OR INDIVIDUAL AND SEEK DAMAGES OR ANY OTHER REMEDY FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT OR INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
12. VOID IF ALTERED. Contest cards are void if illegible, altered or mutilated. All contest cards become the property of the Contest Sponsor and none shall be returned. The Contest Sponsor is not responsible for lost or late contest cards or those that have been tampered with or are ineligible. All decisions of the Contest Sponsor shall be final.
13. DISPUTES. ALL ISSUES AND QUESTIONS CONCERNING THE STRUCTURE, VALIDITY, INTERPRETATION AND ENFORCEABILITY OF THESE RULES, OR THE RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF ENTRANTS AND THE CONTEST SPONSORS IN CONNECTION WITH THE CONTEST, SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE SUBSTANTIVE LAWS OF THE PROVINCE OF ONTARIO, WITHOUT REGARD TO ITS CONFLICTS OF LAW PRINCIPLES. ALL ENTRANTS CONSENT TO THE JURISDICTION AND VENUE OF THE PROVINCE OF ONTARIO.
15. SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE LAWS. The contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, municipal and local laws. By participating in the Contest, you acknowledge that you have read the Official Rules and agree to abide by their terms and by the decisions of the Contest Sponsor, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to the Contest. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Contest must be directed to the Contest Sponsor. All federal, provincial and local laws and regulations apply. THIS CONTEST IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
®/MD ANHEUSER-BUSCH, LLC. ST. LOUIS, MO., LIC. USE / SOUS LIC.