OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
- CONTEST PERIOD
The “CAD-CSP – 1 OF 5 SAINT-MARTIN ISLAND TRIPS” Contest (hereinafter the “Contest”) is organized by the Labatt Brewing Company Limited (hereinafter the “Contest Organizer”). The Contest will take place at participating establishments from July 1, 2022, to November 1, 2022, at 11:59 p.m. (hereinafter the “Contest Period”).
YOU MUST BE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER TO ENTER THE “CAD-CSP – 1 OF 5 SAINT-MARTIN ISLAND TRIPS” CONTEST. The Contest is open to any person residing in Canada who has reached the age of majority in their province or territory of residence as of the date of their entry in the Contest. Employees, agents and representatives of the Contest Organizer, their affiliated companies and agencies, their advertising and promotional agencies, suppliers of Prizes, materials and services related to this contest, employees of participating establishments or any other party directly involved in the holding of this Contest, as well as members of their immediate families are excluded. For the purposes of this Contest, “immediate family” means fathers, mothers, brothers, sisters, children, legal or common-law spouses and all persons with whom such employees, agents and representatives are domiciled.
Provincial liquor authorities are not connected with this Contest in any way and are in no way responsible for any matter relating to this Contest.
- HOW TO ENTER AND HOW TO WIN
WITH PURCHASE ENTRY. At participating establishments, with the purchase of a case of 12 or 24 specially marked Corona cans, each consumer (hereinafter each “Entrant”) will find an entry coupon/PIN printed inside the case on the main panel of the specially marked cases. To enter the Contest, the Entrant must visit the Contest website at www.shopbeergear.ca/corona-island, enter and register their PIN, fully complete the entry coupon, correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, the mathematical skill-testing question on the entry form and click "Submit" (hereinafter each “Entry”), between July 1, 2022, and November 1, 2022, at 11:59 p.m. (the “Contest Closing Date”). The process detailed above entitles the Entrant to one (1) Entry in the Contest. Limit of one Entry per valid coupon/PIN entered.
For no purchase entry, entries must be received by the Contest Closing Date. Entries received after the Contest Closing Date will not be eligible and will not be processed.
NO PURCHASE ENTRY: To enter the Contest without making a purchase, the Entrant must send an original, non-mechanically reproduced essay of at least 500 words explaining why they would like to enter the “CAD-CSP – 1 OF 5 SAINT-MARTIN ISLAND TRIPS” Contest. Entry requests must proceed as follows: (i) by mail, send your request indicating “CAD-CSP – 1 OF 5 SAINT-MARTIN ISLAND TRIPS” – No Purchase Entry Request” in a stamped envelope to: 50 Labatt Street, Lasalle, QC, H8R 3E7. The Entrant must also write “I am of legal drinking age” at the bottom of the letter as well as their date of birth. If all the conditions of these Contest Rules are met, the representatives of the Contest Organizer will mail the Entrant an Entry NIP. While supplies last. To obtain a Contest Entry, the Entrant must visit www.shopbeergear.ca/corona-island to enter their PIN, complete the entry form in its entirety, answer the mathematical skill-testing question on the entry form correctly without assistance and click "Submit" before the Contest Closing Date. The Entrant must submit their request within the time required to allow the Contest Organizer to send them a PIN by the Contest Closing Date.
There is a limit of one (1) no purchase Entry for the Contest Period. Each no purchase entry request must be submitted separately and will be treated as a regular entry. In the event that your entry becomes a winning entry, our Customer Service Department will contact you to collect all the necessary information to send you the winning Prize.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS. All persons must be of the age of majority in their province or territory of residence to enter the Contest. All Entries must be registered at www.shopbeergear.ca/corona-island by the Contest Closing Date, November 1, 2022, at 11:59 p.m. Any Entrant who submits an Entry after the Contest Closing Date will not be eligible to win a Prize.
The winner and their travel companion must be 18 years of age or older, depending on the age of majority in the winner's and/or travel companion's province or territory of residence. The winner and their travel companion will be responsible for providing all travel documents required for travel to and from St. Maarten and Canada, including, but not limited to, a valid passport, proof of vaccination, entry visa(s). The winner and their travel companion are responsible for following all government and/or travel protocols at the time of travel.
The winner and travel companion must be able to travel between December 1, 2022, and December 31, 2023, and understand that travel is subject to availability at the time of booking.
The winner is responsible for consulting all guidelines (local, provincial and federal, destination, airline) regarding COVID-19 travel restrictions prior to booking or participating in a travel experience.
The winner and their travel companion are responsible for all personal expenses and costs not included in the Contest Prize description, including, but not limited to, travel documents, insurance, medical testing/vaccination fees, if applicable, transportation, additional food and beverages, alcohol, gratuities, and any additional expenses of a personal nature.
- DESCRIPTION OF THE PRIZES
There are 5 prizes to be won across all participating locations, each consisting of one (1) trip for two (2) to the Island of St. Maarten with a maximum approximate value of $10,000 CDN (depending on time of travel and city of origin). There are a total of five (5) Prizes available to be won with a total approximate value of $50,000 CDN.
Each Prize includes round trip economy airfare for the Contest winner and a travel companion from the Canadian airport closest to the winner's home to Philipsburg, Sint Maarten, seven (7) nights standard hotel accommodation based on double occupancy (at the hotel selected by the Contest Sponsor), hotel meal plan (including breakfast, lunch and dinner), airport/hotel transfers on the island and taxes on included services, each a "Prize"). Alcohol is not included in the Prize. Travel dates are subject to availability and government travel advisories at the time of booking, with travel to be completed by March 1, 2024. The Contest Organizer is not responsible in the event that travel is impeded, refused, cancelled, or hindered for any reason whatsoever. The Prize must be accepted as awarded and cannot be exchanged in whole or in part for cash. Winners are responsible for all personal expenses and costs not included in the Contest Prize description, including, but not limited to, transportation between the winner's and companion's residence and the departure airport, all travel documents (including a valid passport), insurance, medical testing/vaccination fees, if applicable, transportation, additional food and beverages, alcohol, gratuities, and any additional expenses of a personal nature
- DESIGNATION OF WINNERS
On November 5, 2022, at 12:00 p.m. at the offices of Labatt Breweries Limited at 50 Labatt Avenue, LaSalle, Quebec H8R 3E7, five (5) Entrants will be chosen at random from all eligible Entries in accordance with paragraph 3 to win a Prize.
There is a limit of one Prize per person AND/OR per residence. Any Entrant selected in this Contest who fails to comply with this condition will be automatically disqualified and a new draw will be held to select another Entrant. Identification may be required to claim the Prize.
ODDS OF WINNING: The odds of winning a Prize depend on the total number of valid Entries received during the Contest Period.
- CLAIMING THE PRICE
In order to be declared a winner, a selected person must:
- Be contacted by telephone by the Contest Representatives within 48 hours of the random draw at the contact details provided in the Entry Form; and
- Sign the declaration and release form (hereinafter the “Declaration Form”) that will be sent to them and return it to the Contest Organizer no later than 48 hours after receiving it. Any person accompanying the winner must also sign the Declaration Form.
Once the documents have been received, signed, and submitted to the Contest Organizer, the winner will receive the Prize directly at the address indicated on the Entry Form.
- By entering this Contest, each Entrant agrees to be bound by these Contest Rules. Failure to comply with any of the conditions mentioned in the above paragraph or any other condition provided for in these Contest Rules will result in the selected Entrant's entry being disqualified and, time permitting, a new selection for that Prize will be made in accordance with these Contest Rules until one Entrant is selected and declared a winner, without affecting the order in which the other Prizes are awarded.
- If, due to production or printing errors or any unforeseen error, more Prizes are claimed than are set forth in these Official Contest Rules, in no event will the Contest Sponsor be responsible for any additional Prizes in excess of the number set forth in these Official Contest Rules.
- Before being declared a winner, the Entrant must complete the Declaration Form in its entirety with personal information as noted above by the date indicated on the Declaration Form (the “Prize Claim Date”). All Prizes must be claimed by 12:00 p.m. on November 9, 2022 (4 days after the draw). In the event that the Prize winner does not comply with these Official Contest Rules, does not correctly answer the mathematical skill-testing question, declines the Prize or any portion thereof, or if the potential winner’s Declaration Form is returned as undeliverable and no alternate address is listed or given by the Prize Claim Date, the Prizes will be forfeited and not awarded.
- To receive the winners’ list, prepare a self-addressed stamped envelope and send it to: “CAD-CSP – 1 OF 5 SAINT-MARTIN ISLAND TRIPS”, 50 Avenue Labatt, LaSalle, QC H8R 3E7. The winners’ list will be sent once winners are confirmed.
- Each Prize must be accepted as awarded. The Prizes have no cash value and are not transferable, exchangeable, or refundable. No substitutions, except by the Contest Organizer, who reserves the right to substitute a Prize or any part of one Prize or any part of one or more Prizes with another of equal or greater value at its sole discretion.
CONTEST TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The decisions of the Contest Organizer, the Contest Sponsor or the Contest judges are final, and Entrants agree to abide by all instructions and decisions of the Contest Organizer, the Contest Sponsor, or the Contest judges. In the event of any dispute regarding the interpretation of the Official Contest Rules, the decisions or interpretation of the Contest Organizer, the Contest Sponsor or the Contest judges will prevail.
- The Contest Organizer is not required to contact any Contest Entrants, except for potential winners.
- Any request or claim that is illegible, incomplete, altered or contains false information is invalid. The Contest Organizer and/or the Contest Sponsor is not responsible for lost, stolen, delayed, damaged or misdirected requests or claims. The Contest Organizer and/or the Contest Sponsor assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in the printing or advertising of the Contest, in its sole discretion and subject to the approval of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for residents of Quebec, and reserves the right to amend or cancel these Official Contest Rules or this Contest, or to postpone the Contest, in whole or in part, without notice or compensation, in the event of a printing or administrative error.
- The Contest Organizer and/or the Contest Sponsor are not responsible for any loss, damage or claim arising from the Prizes awarded or the Contest. By entering the Contest, the Entrant releases the Contest Sponsor, its affiliates or subsidiaries, advertising and promotional agencies and their respective agents, officers, shareholders, employees, successors, and assigns (collectively, the “Contest Entities”) from any and all liability for any injury, loss or damage of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Contest or the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the Prize won. In addition, by participating in the Contest, the Entrant agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Contest Entities from and against any and all claims by third parties in connection with their use of the Prize or participation in the Contest
- Without limiting the exclusions herein, and for the sake of clarity, the Contest Entities assume no responsibility for: (a) any inaccurate or erroneous information caused by any equipment or programming associated with the Contest or any technical or human error which occurs in the operation of the Contest or in the claims process; (b) any communications problems, theft, destruction, alteration or unauthorized access to Entries; (c) any technical problems or failures of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software or failure of any email to be delivered due to technical problems with any website or traffic congestion on the internet; and (d) any damage to the Entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from downloading any Contest materials. In the event that the Contest cannot be run as planned for any reason, including computer viruses, bugs, tampering, unauthorized interference, fraud, technical failures, or any other reason beyond the control of the Contest Entities that could affect the administration security or the proper conduct of the Contest, the Contest Sponsor and/or the Contest Organizer reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to terminate or postpone the Contest, in whole or in part, without prior notice, or to amend the Contest in any way, subject to the consent of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux.
- The Contest Organizer and/or the Contest Sponsor may, in their sole discretion, disqualify any individual from this Contest and any future promotions with or without notice if, in their sole discretion, the Contest Organizer and/or the Contest Sponsor determine that such individual is engaging in any fraudulent, potentially fraudulent, or unethical practices, or any practices which are contrary to these Rules or generally inconsistent with the intended conduct of the Contest, or if such person is acting with intent to hassle, abuse, threaten or harass the Contest Sponsor, its agencies, other entrants or any other person. ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND, SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE CONTEST ORGANIZER AND/OR THE CONTEST SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
- In the event of a discrepancy or inconsistency between the Official Contest Rules and any other Contest-related materials, including, but not limited to, advertising, point of sale materials and product packaging, where applicable, the Official Contest Rules shall prevail. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the English and French versions of the Official Contest Rules, or any other Contest-related communication, the English version shall prevail.
- By entering this Contest and being declared a winner, the winner and the person accompanying the winner consent to the use of their name, place of residence, voice, statements and photograph or other likeness by the Contest Organizer and/or the Contest Sponsor, without compensation or notice, for publicity and informational purposes in any media or format (including the internet), now or in the future, and in perpetuity, in connection with this Contest or any similar Contest in the future.
- This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, and municipal laws and will be construed in accordance with all applicable laws in the Province of Quebec.
- All intellectual property and all promotional materials, web pages and code resources are the property of the Contest Organizer and/or the Contest Sponsor and/or their affiliates. All rights reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of copyrighted or trademarked material without the express written consent of the owner is strictly prohibited.
- The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Contest Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. If any provision is held to be invalid, unenforceable, or illegal, these Official Contest Rules shall remain in full force and effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not a part hereof.
- Quebec Residents: Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a Prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement. Any decision by the Contest Sponsor affecting the operation of the Contest is subject to the approval of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux